I lost 130 pounds, but I won't eat carbs again to keep this weight off.

I had to try an extreme diet after trying every diet imaginable.


My mother was never overweight.She didn't really think about sugar or fat when she fed us kids because she always had a great body.She didn't think about it, as did most parents in the 1980s, but it started to affect me.I thought I was heavy by middle school's end.In addition, while the majority of college students experience the freshman 15, I gained more like the freshman 50.
I tried every diet known to man.I would starve myself to death, gain twice as much, and then eat again.I tried going on a pickle-only diet.I set out to see how long I could go without eating anything solid.I tried a lot of crazy things.I cut calories and exercised regularly as well, but I never managed to lose weight.

In 2002, I got married in a wedding dress that was a size 22 or 24.Fortunately, I am aware that my husband truly loves me, and not just because of how I look now; back then, I weighed 240 pounds and continued to gain weight.I had 262 pounds on my 5-foot-9-inch frame by 2005.
I developed multiple staph infections and began to notice abscesses on my legs.I was given a brochure by my doctor, who said he could "almost guarantee" that my problems would go away if I cut out carbs from my diet.On the front, it listed all foods high in carbohydrates, which included everything I loved to eat, including pasta, bagels, and donuts.I was supposed to eat only items on the list of non-carbs that was on the back.I considered, I'll try.


Try This Loophole Dissolves 2½ lbs In 24 Hours 

Click Here


DISCOVERING MY DIET At first

I lost a lot of weight by eating as much meat, cheese, and eggs as I wanted while limiting my carb intake.I had lost 80 pounds by the time I saw my doctor again a year later, and he didn't even recognize me.He was stunned.He stated, "I tell people to do this, but no one actually does."I did, and it was effective.I always hear him say, "Don't change a thing."
A diet consisting solely of meat, eggs, and cheese got me to and maintained my final weight of approximately 135 pounds.I also felt good.If I ate any carbs, it was much harder for me to keep my weight off without working out a lot.I considered eliminating them entirely, but like the majority of people, I thought, It can't be healthy to eat that way forever.I then conducted some research.
Vilhjalmur Stefansson, an ethnologist, studied an Eskimo and Inuit Indian diet that only included meat about 100 years ago.They lived in Canada before produce could be shipped from one place to another, so they couldn't eat fruits and vegetables. Despite this, these groups had the lowest cancer rates and the highest fertility rates.I also found zero-carb groups like Zero In On Health, which proved to me that I wasn't the only one who felt better without carbs.

I wasn't recognized by my doctor."I tell people to do this, but no one ever listens," he stated.

The idea that all you need to do to go zero-carb is count calories and eat chicken breasts is a common misconception.You don't have to count a thing because the diet is actually very high in fat and calories.Simply put, it's this:After you finish your meal, you go about living your life.

Another advantage:My sweet tooth went away.The only addictive substances your brain craves are those it is exposed to.You know how, if you've never used cocaine, you don't crave it?Your brain won't want donuts any more if you stop eating them.)
The issue of fertility comes next.I had trouble getting pregnant prior to cutting out carbs.I had been warned by my doctor that while a low-carb diet might help me lose weight, it might not fix other problems, like my ovulation cycle.It turned out to be.A 5-year-old, a 3-year-old, and a 7-month-old are my three children.




THE ZERO-CARB LIFE On a daily basis

, I consume approximately 2 pounds of meat, typically in the form of steak, chicken wings, thighs, breasts, bacon, eggs, and omelets.
As a working mother of three children, I've been stuck in a rut lately:I get the nickname "Quarter" at our local McDonald's because I eat eight quarter-pound burger patties daily.I will consume a few for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.It's easy and inexpensive at $4 per pound.I do consume coffee, but I hardly ever consume alcohol.Although I'm not suggesting that everyone should survive on McDonald's burgers, doing so makes me feel pretty good.

My children eat a low-carb diet, but not zero-carb like I do:meat, vegetables, and fruitsThe reason they don't eat sugar is that they don't want to.They claim that the bakery section of the grocery store has an unpleasant odor if we pass it.As they get older, I'll let them make their own decisions, but for now, I'm hoping I can spare them some of the pain I went through as a child who was overweight.
A roast and possibly some vegetables will go into the crockpot when I cook for my family.My children eat the meat and vegetables, I'll just eat the meat and my better half gets everything in addition to a side of macintosh and cheddar. (He can consume whatever he wants while maintaining a healthy weight.)My family and I will eat an omelet with a lot of bacon and cheese on the weekends.

I no longer really exercise

I teach kindergarten through fifth grade music in an elementary school.I spend a lot of my day singing and dancing, so it's a pretty active job.The answer to the question of whether or not I have undergone surgical skin removal is no.My body isn't perfect from having three kids, but my only surgeries have been C-sections.
I'm probably closer to 145 pounds these days because I'm nursing and need more weight.I am certain that once I stop breastfeeding, that will decrease, but I won't be obsessing over a scale.Because my weight didn't change, I stopped weighing myself years ago.
I compare myself to a lioness.Lions in a field don't force themselves to get up and run, as you might imagine.And they don't think I should skip that antelope because I just ate it a few hours ago.They go eat whenever they are hungry.After getting some food from an antelope, they relax in the field until they get hungry again.When they are thirsty or hungry, they simply follow their body.I just eat when I'm hungry at 10 p.m. before going to bed.No time or calorie restrictions apply.You're leading a lion's life.
I'm not trying to convert anyone here, but my feelings are undisputed.I encourage people to give this 30 days if they are having issues with their weight, fertility, memory loss, depression, or lack of energy.In the event that you don't feel improved, the sum total of what you've had is some additional bacon.Although this may not be the solution for everyone, it has made me feel amazing.



Kelly Hogan is married, has three children, and works as an elementary school teacher in North Carolina.Her journey is chronicled at My Zero Carb Life.



Post a Comment

0 Comments